originally started in 1952 as a privately owned corporation
known as the
Tullahoma Natural Gas Company Inc., with it's
office located at 109 West Lincoln St. in Tullahoma.
Utility District was created in July 1955 under the State of
District Act and was franchised to serve Coffee and Franklin
In 1957 the
moved from its office on West Lincoln Street to 512 North
Jackson St. The
new location was a large home at the corner of North Jackson
Streets. There was a warehouse behind the main office along
the alley. ERPUD
remained at this location for many years.
District continued to grow and in early June of 1977 broke
ground at a new
location at 217 South Jackson St. The new office opened
on May 22, 1978.
The District's main office is still located on 217 South
Jackson St. It has a
warehouse in the rear of the main office.
tremendous demand for
clean, efficient, economical natural gas energy has had a
positive impact on
the District's growth. It's residential,
commercial and industrial
customers have grown from 163 customers in 1952 to
approximately 17,000 today.
ERPUD currently maintains over 760 miles of mains.
2020 ERPUD All rights reserved